Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekly update - 16 weeks



How far along: 16 weeks

Total weight gain: unknown. Dr.s appointment Monday so we will see. Brad is supporting more food in my belly though.

Maternity clothes: When I feel like it I wear my maternity jeans. I still have plenty of clothes that fit though.

Sleep: Still great

Best moment of the week: Realizing I was feeling the baby!

Movement: Yes! It feels like muscle twitches. Soo cool!

Gender: We'll know soon. I'm still feeling girl.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, as is the belly ring.

What I miss: Not having to be so concerned about my weight.

What I'm looking forward to: A holiday next week, hearing the heartbeat on Monday and Amy and Ethel's visit.

Weekly wisdom: Buy used maternity clothes! Gotta love those second hand stores.

Milestones: Ear bones are developing so it's time to start really singing and talking to the baby. Mom bought a little seahorse that plays music so I will play that for the baby at least once a day.

What's happening with the baby: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double it's weight and add inches to it's length. Right now, it's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces. Their legs are much more developed, head is more erect than it has been, and it's eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. Ears are close to the final spot too. The patterning of it's scalp has begun, though locks of hair aren't recognizable yet. That heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day and that amount will continue to increase as the baby continues to grow and develop.

What's happening with you: The top of your uterus is about halfway between your pubic bone and your navel, and the round ligaments that support it are thickening and stretching as it grows. You're probably feeling a whole lot better as you settle into pregnancy too. Less nausea, fewer mood swings, and "glowing" skin contribute to an overall sense of well-being. Soon you may be feeling the most wonderful moments of pregnancy - feeling your baby move. The earliest movements may feel like little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping. Over the following weeks they'll grow stronger and you'll be able to feel them much more frequently.

How are you feeling: This week was a crazy week. Sunday I had a dance show and found that it's not as easy to recover quickly after a dance as it used to be. I also look AMAZING in a leotard at 16 weeks pregnant. (just kidding!) Wednesday and Thursday I stayed home from work because I was having dizziness when I shouldn't be and generally felt like crap. I found out it's because I was probably dehydrated (not really surprised). I"m feeling much better now and am looking forward to my appointment on Monday to find out all about the baby and stuff.

1 comment:

Regina and Jim said...

Thanks for all the updates! You look amazing and so beautiful! I am excited that Amy and Ethel are coming to visit, it is always fun to have company! We are anxious, and patiently waiting to find out if it is a girl or boy!! We love you guys and are so excited for you!