Monday, November 29, 2010

Weekly Update - 19 weeks


How far along: 19 weeks


Total weight gain: unknown, I go to the OB on the 2nd so we'll see then.


Maternity clothes: I'm giving up regular pants. I had to wear pre-prego jeans two days this week and used my Be-Band one day. I think I'm done with that.


Sleep: Um, I got this awesome pillow called a Snoogle. I LOVE it! So comfy!


Best moment of the week: Getting a great prego pillow. Seeing my family for Thanksgiving.


Movement: Yes, especially when I am squishing her. Like when I'm laying on my tummy or have my knees pulled up in front of me.


Gender: Baby Girl


Labor signs: None yet


Belly button in or out: In but more shallow then ever.


What I miss: This week was the first week I have missed wine. A glass of wine with Thanksgiving dinner would have been nice.


What I'm looking forward to: Putting up the Christmas tree and the holiday season. Christmas music! Monthly appt with the OB.


Weekly wisdom: Have fun maternity clothes shopping. Stuff a sweater up your tank, put the belly on, enjoy it.


Milestones: Baby will start to taste what I taste. Time to start varying my diet.


What's happening with the baby: Her sensory development if exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs in at about 8.5 ounces and measures 6 inches from head to bum (about the size of a large heirloom tomato). Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. Vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


What's happening with you: Think your big now? You'll start growing even faster in the weeks to come. As a result, you may notice some achiness or brief stabbing pain in your lower abdomen - especially when you shift position or at the end of an active day. Most likely, this is round ligament pain. Nothing to be alarmed about. Your skin may be changing, too. Red palms are due to a rise in estrogen. Chloasma or "the mask of pregnancy", a darkening of the skin around your cheeks, forehead and upper lip, is due to an increase in pigment. This can affect other parts of your body including the line running from your belly button to your pubic bone, called the linea nigra. These darkened spots will fade shortly after delivery. In the meantime, protect yourself from the sun, which intensifies the pigment changes.


How are you feeling: This week has been a fun week. We went to see Harry Potter 7 and I only had to run to the restroom once during the 2.5 hour movie. I say that's a success. I spent lots of time with peoples hands on my belly. Thanksgiving and a visit from a friend, everyone wants to feel her kick. She wiggles and squirms, but when I want her to just kick she sooo doesn't cooperate. My appetite is coming on for real now, so I may not have to worry about weight gain anymore. Thanksgiving helped, having all that food around. Black Friday was about getting maternity pants for cheap, so that was great. She really doesn't like me laying on my tummy and puts up a bit of a fight. I get little kicks and things if she is feeling smushed. My skin has felt very dry lately, hands and feet for sure. Good thing I have lots of lotion.

No comments: