Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekly Update- 20 weeks

Oh how the belly grows in the evening. This picture was taken later in the evening when my belly is the biggest it seems.

How far along: 20 weeks!

Total weight gain: I thought I was going to find out but my appointment was rescheduled for next Tuesday due to my OB attending a delivery.

Maternity clothes: Exclusively maternity pants or comfy pants at home, still mostly in pre-preg tops.

Sleep: pretty good, still loving that pillow

Best moment of the week: finding out that Brook who is due on April 20th is having a baby girl and I was the only one who guessed correctly. :)

Movement: Not as noticeable as it was a week or two ago, at night, but I get kicks randomly throughout the day, usually a while after eating.

Gender: Girl, we'll have the OB double check again on Tuesday

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Being able to predict what size clothes I wear. I have to take two or three of everything into the dressing room now.

What I'm looking forward to: Trip to Michigan this weekend and appointment on Tuesday.

Weekly wisdom: Carry a water bottle with you everywhere and actually drink out of it. You may avoid getting yelled at to drink more water.

Milestones: HALFWAY!!!!!

What's happening with the baby: She's about 10 1/2 ounces and 10 inches from head to toe (banana). She's swallowing more which is good practice for his digestive system. Meconium is being produced and accumulating in her bowels. We'll get to see it in her first dirty diaper.

What's happening with you: Your uterus is about level with your belly button and you've likely gained around 10 lbs. Expect to gain a pound or so a week from now on. Make sure your getting enough iron. Your body needs more iron to keep up with your expanding blood volume, as well as for your baby and the growing placenta. Time to start signing up for classes. Childbirth education is important, especially if you're a first timer.

How are you feeling: This week has been a good week. I'm feeling tired but nothing out of normal for this time of year for me. My body seems to be changing at a crazy pace lately. I noticed, for the first time, on Wednesday night that when I lay on my side my belly drops to that side. I also am starting to stand a bit differently, more sway backed. I'm trying to make a conscious effort not to let my belly muscles stop working. I haven't worn regular pants to work all week. My appointment that was supposted to happen on Thursday had to be rescheduled. I'm excited to see the baby again. I'm feeling the stretching sensation more often mostly when I change positions. Bending over to get things off the floor when sitting or standing is getting to be not as easy as it used to be. We are still working on baby names and we have really started to read Hypnobirthing. The beliefs of this method are right on with our feelings about childbirth. Overall, feeling good but a little more tired. Trying hard to drink more water and relax.

No comments: