Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weekly update -22 weeks


How far along: 22 Weeks

Total weight gain: Last check +9lbs

Maternity clothes: Still same as before, all maternity bottoms, still able to rock some regular tops.

Sleep: Decent, up once a night. Love my snoogle!

Best moment of the week: Dressing up and hanging out with Brad at JD and Nicki's wedding. It was a happy night and I always love dancing with my husband. Did you know he sings through every single slow dance we have ever dance to? The only exception so far has been our first dance at our wedding, but that was because he had to think about the dance. :)

Movement: Yes, lots. She seems to be able to kick me almost anywhere in my abdomen now. She kicks down low on my sides and I've even seen her kick up high by my ribs. Not in the ribs yet though, thanks.

Gender: Girl

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not worrying about how to get comfortable while I'm trying to go to sleep.

What I'm looking forward to: Christmas!!!!

Weekly wisdom: If you have to go potty in the middle of the night, just get up and do it when you first wake up. If you don't, you'll just lie in bed pretending to ignore it but never being able to fall back asleep until your get up.

Milestones: No big milestones this week.

What's happening with the baby: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, she is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises still lack pigment. Lanugo (fine hair) covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Her pancreas is developing steadily.

What's happening with you: You may find your belly is becoming a hand magnet. You may also start to notice stretch marks on you abdomen as it expands to accommodate your growing baby. They can also appear on your butt, thighs, hips and breasts. There's no proof that lotion helps prevent them, but keeping your skin moisturized may help with any itching.

How are you feeling: TMI alert! This week I had some bleeding after B and I had some play time. It wasn't a huge thing and I figured it was just my cervix getting irritated. It freaked B out though. I called the OB and she said pelvic rest until my next appointment, which is Jan 3rd. She wouldn't normally have a problem with it but due to the little bit of placenta previa she wants to check my cervix. B is ok with this due to the fact that this little episode freaked him out.

TMI over. This week has been a "Crystal is very tired" week. We didn't have all of our shopping for the out of town family done and I think the stress of it was making my exhausted instead of the normal antsy and driven. We did however pick up our yearly ornament. It's a little snowman holding a cat. Brad liked it because he says Neala is practically raising our child. Neala is my buddy and naps with me for a while every night before bed. She spends that time draped across some part of my tummy purring her heart out. Squishe will probably be more familiar with the sound of Neala purring then most sounds out of utero. Squishe also has decided that she can kick all over. I'm feeling lots of movement and kicks that I'm not seeing all of. She must be beating up on some of my internal organs. Her kicks are defiantly able to be seen from the outside, even through my thin clothes. With thicker sweaters it's not noticeable yet. It's fun to feel her moving all around and doing her kung fu. I hope I remember this feeling forever.

No comments: