Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Weekly update - 23 weeks

How far along: 23 Weeks
Total weight gain: Last check +9 lbs
Maternity clothes: Bottoms defiantly, tops not always
Sleep: Pretty decent still, it's been hard to fall asleep but once I'm out I tend to only get up once a night to pee.
Best moment of the week:Christmas in general. It was great to have everyone together. Lots of baby talk, lots of good food, lots of company!
Movement: UM YES. Tons. This week was the first week I felt pressure in my rib cage. Not a great feeling and I can only attribute it to someone thinking they need more room.
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: IN
What I miss: Being able to have a glass of wine once in a while. It's nice to have the option even though I mostly pass it up.
What I'm looking forward to: Our dr's appointment on the 3rd. It's my glucose screen, but also, hopefully, they will tell me I don't have to be on pelvic rest anymore.
Weekly wisdom: I don't really have any words of wisdom this week.
Milestones: No big ones this week.
What's happening with the baby: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more then 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now - such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner - probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
What's happening with you: You may notice that your ankles and feet start to swell a bit in the coming weeks or months, especially at the end of the day or during the heat of summer. Sluggish circulation in your legs - coupled with changes in your blood chemistry that may cause water retention- may result in swelling, also known as edema. Your body will get rid of the extra fluid after you have your baby, which is why you'll pee frequently and sweat a lot for a few days after delivery. In the meantime, lie on your left side or put your feet up when you can, stretch out your legs when you sit, and avoid sitting - or standing- in one place for long periods of time.
How are you feeling:Feeling good all around. It was a short work week which always makes it drag but it was nice to only be three days of working. I got sick Thursday. Just a cold but it's lingering on. Nothing big this week. Still feeling lots of movement and love actually watching my belly move around. She responds when I play her seahorse toy for her. That is really cool, I think. I get winded if I have to take 2 flights of stairs instead of just one. Brad is quick to grab the heavy things that I try to carry. Which I don't really do much. I am starting to get tired more often during the day, but staying up later at night is easy for some reason. My winter coat is still fitting at 23 weeks. This belly is starting to actually hold my pregnancy pants up. My belly button is still in but pretty shallow. All those little folds that never see the light of day are actually really soft. JJ thinks its the microphone to talk to the baby and will only talk right into my belly button. Sooo cute.
Oh quick story, So we (JJ, Mom and I) were trying to find the baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope on Friday. She was being really active and moving away from the stethoscope, so mom would hear one beat and then she would scoot. JJ wanted to hear whatever it was that Grandma was listening to so mom handed it over. JJ put the things in his ears and the other end where he had seen Mom put it on my belly. He was listening very intently and as he listened, Brad walked up the hall to our room whistling. JJ's head shot up with his eyes as wide as could be and he sucked in his breath. I said "What JJ, what did you hear?". He proceeded to hum the tune that was whistled in the hall back to me. CUTEST THING EVER! I told him the baby was singing for him. One day I'll tell him that story and he'll laugh but it was just tooo cute. Mom and I got a little giggle out of it.

No comments: