Monday, January 3, 2011

Weelky Update - 25 weeks


How far along: 25 weeks

Total weight gain: unknown. Next Dr's appointment on the 31st

Maternity clothes: I am astonished each time I can put on a pair of non maternity pants. :)

Sleep: Still really good.

Best moment of the week: I don't remember, that's what I get for being late on this one.

Gender: Girl

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not a whole lot. Being able to read more then a couple pages before I fall asleep.

What I'm looking forward to: Dr.'s appointment, Love hearing that heartbeat.

Weekly wisdom: None today.

Milestones: No big ones this week. Started looking into crib bedding.
What's happening with the baby: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight - a pound and a half (not much more then an average rutabaga, everyone has held one of those right?), but she is beginning to add some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start looking more and more like a new born. She is also growing more hair, if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

What's happening with you: You and baby are both growing hair. The hair that you would normally shed is sticking around longer than usual, thanks to hormonal changes. Enjoy it while you can, the extra hair will fall out after you give birth. You may also notice that you aren't as graceful as before. It's time for your glucose screening. Your OB will also draw a second tube of blood to test for anemia. If it shows that you have anemia you'll probably be put on an iron supplement.

How are you feeling: Two weeks after, when I'm filling this week out, I'm feeling good. I can't remember how I was feeling right after the new year.

No comments: