Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weekly Update - 24 weeks

How far along: 24 weeks

Total weight gain: Dr.s appt on Monday, we'll find out then.

Maternity clothes: Yes, most all.

Sleep: Still good. It's getting harder to roll over though.

Best Moment of the Week: On Saturday Brad and I had dinner with Brook and Brett. It was fun to chat with them about pregnancy and having kids. They have a baby girl on the way, due 4 days after our baby girl.

Movement: Tons. We have an active little girl in there.

Gender: Girl, names have been and continue to be a process.

Labor signs: None, keep it up girly

Belly button in or out: Still in

What I miss: Not having to pee 100 times a day.

What I'm looking forward to: My Dr's appt on Monday. Hopefully I'll get released from pelvic rest.

Weekly wisdom: Don't stress about changes your pregnant body hasn't gone through yet. It just causes worry that isn't necessary.

Milestones: My feet may be starting the stretching out thing. We'll see.

What's happening with the baby: Baby is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start plumping up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but will start to change soon.

What's happening with you: In the last few weeks, the top of your uterus has risen above your belly button and is now about the size of a soccer ball. Your glucose screening test will be done between now and 28 weeks. This tests for gestational diabetes. Untreated diabetes increases your risk of difficult delivery or needing a c-section due to your baby growing to large, especially in their upper body. It also raises your baby's odds for other complications. You also need to know how to spot the signs of preterm labor.

How are you feeling: This week has been a fun week. It's defiantly harder to put my shoes on like a girl. I'm not to the point where I have to cross my ankle over my knee to put my shoes on but....... :). We have gotten to the beginnings of some useful things in our Hypnobirthing book with breathing techniques. I'm really feeling pregnant. For the most part I'm in all maternity clothes. Some of my tops still fit but even my long tank tops are starting to get short. I may have to break down and buy some maternity tanks. We have started getting stuff ready to move the office to the spare room so that the current office can become the nursery. It's fun to start imagining a baby on the outside instead of just a little goober that is kicking around in my belly. We also have started seriously started talking about a trip out to Missouri in late February to visit the in-laws and pick up all the stuff Brad's sister and brother in law are being SOOO generous in giving us.

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

Yay! I love your pregnancy posts!