Monday, October 25, 2010

15 weeks - Maternity update

Maybe on day I'll learn to stand up straight in pictures. :) Hello Neala, nice of you to join the picture too.



How far along: 15 weeks


Total weight gain: -1 lbs, I feel like I have put on weight this time, I'm sure the doctor will tell me I'm up some at my appointment on the 8th.


Maternity clothes: I officially bought a pair of maternity jeans. They were wonderful all weekend, so much so that I cried a little inside when I had to put on regular work pants.


Sleep: Sleep is great still. No big issues.


Best moment of the week: Finding out that one of my best friends is pregnant and only 4 days behind me. We've been missing each other at the OBG's by days. I'm soooooooo excited.


Movement: Maybe once a week ago but I haven't felt anything since, so I can't confirm.


Gender: Still feeling girl. Brad and I did the ring on a hair test and when I held the string it indicated girl, when Brad held it it showed boy.


Labor signs: None


Belly button in or out: In


What I miss: Not wondering if something is going to fit or not. Some things do and some don't so it's always a question.


What I'm looking forward to: A belly that isn't questionable


Weekly wisdom: Hmmm ........ nothing.


Milestones: No big milestones this week.


What's happening with the baby: Baby is now about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). Baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through their nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. Legs are growing longer then arms and all of his or her joints and limbs can move voluntarily. Baby can sense light through his or her fused eyelids and if you shine a flashlight on your belly baby will even move away from its beam. This week if you were to do an ultrasound you could finally find out what gender that little guy or girl is.


What's happening with you: You've probably gained about 5 pounds by now and are well into the swing of your pregnancy, but may be surprised by an unexpected symptom now and then. Stuffy nose is at the top of that list. It's so common that there is even a name for it: "rhinitis of pregnancy". Some women suffer from nose bleeds as a result of increased blood volume and blood vessel expansion in the nose. Don't be surprised if you and your partner are feeling a little stressed out these days. Many pregnant couples worry about their baby's health and how they'll handle the changes ahead. This is also the most wonderful trimester for most women. Physical discomforts wane and energy is on the rise.


How are you feeling: On Sunday I had the first shortness of breath sensation while singing at church. It was strange to feel like I couldn't breath just from singing. Other then that this week has been good. On Friday I had a GREAT day because spilled the prego beans. I had kind of had a feeling that she was pregnant and just not saying anything (she is the BEST secret keeper) and she IS!!! We are 4 days apart in our pregnancy and hearing about what it's been like for her this time, I'm glad I'm having my pregnancy and not hers. I was really tired this week but I didn't have my down time on Wednesday that I usually have. It made Thursday and Friday really tough. I wasn't too emotional this week, which is good. Overall, good but sleepy week.

No comments: