Thursday, October 14, 2010

weekly update - 13 weeks

Picture Fail. We have one for 14 weeks though.

How far along: 13 Weeks!



Total weight gain: My scale is officially broken. I was down one before so we'll see in 2 weeks when i see the doc.



Maternity clothes: Not yet. Some pants are getting tight though.



Sleep: pretty good still. Getting up about twice a night for potty breaks.



Best moment of the week: JJ kissing my baby belly goodnight.



Movement: None yet, but could be anytime.



Gender: Still feeling girl this week.



Labor signs: None yet.



Belly button in or out: In



What I miss: Not questioning everything that goes in my body or wondering if I've had too much caffeine for the day.



What I'm looking forward to: Second Trimester! Come on Saturday!



Weekly wisdom: Enjoy this time. Don't set your expectations too high on what you can handle and what you can't. Just do what you can.



Milestones: My dad buying an outfit for the baby. He is quietly excited but hadn't picked anything up yet. Last night I came home to a little jammie onsie that he had picked out at Little Darlings. It says Happy Camper on it. I hope our little bug will live up to that.



What's happening with the baby: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips and their body is starting to catch up with their head, which makes up just one third of the body size now. Your baby is almost three inches long and weights nearly an ounce.



What's happening with you: This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women as morning sickness and fatigue subside. You may even notice a distinct libido lift around this time. Birth is still months away, but your breasts may have already begun to produce colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk comes in.



How are you feeling: This week has been a tired week. I've been trying to eat more because of the pound I lost between my last two appointments. I'm enjoying the weather and starting to think about maternity clothes for the fall. My belly is rounding out a bit but I don't consider myself showing at all yet. I do need to get a pregnancy pillow and have been looking at the Snoogle as an option. I used to be a anyway I could sleeper. Sleeping on my tummy is beginning to feel different and not as comfortable. I also am noticing that my hands and feet are more dry then they used to be. I wonder if that is pregnancy or weather related. Looking forward to the second trimester and the comfort that comes with making it that far, even though I don't feel like there is even a chance of this baby going anywhere.

No comments: