Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Maternity Update Day - 14 weeks

I started this update as Maternity Monday. It worked for...one time. Then I decided that if I'm updating on the 3rd day of that week then your not really getting a good idea of what that week was like for me. Also I'm not really going to get an accurate record of whats happening in my pregnancy. So I'm trying to post the week before update around mid week of the next week. Ex: I was 14 weeks on Oct 16th, my post won't be visible until probably the 27th-ish.





How far along: 14 weeks


Total weight gain: -1lb


Maternity clothes: Not yet but my goal this weekend is to pick up two pair of maternity work pants


Sleep: Actually, like a rock. I'm not waking up much to go to the bathroom and I'm not noticing Brad when he comes to bed, no matter what time. I usually wake up around 3 for the first time and then shortly before my alarm goes off at 6.


Best Moment of the Week: It was a pretty normal week, nothing exciting really happened.


Movement: No feelings yet, but it should be anytime in the next few weeks. I suspect sooner rather then later.


Gender: Still feeling girl. Still need to do the wedding ring test.


Labor signs: None


Belly button in or out: In


What I miss: My flat belly. :(


What I'm looking forward to: The Pumpkin Show this weekend. It's a bit of a drive but it's worth it. Plus Katy and her man are coming with us.


Weekly wisdom: Keep trying to embrace your changing body. All those changes are for a good reason. At least this is what I have to keep telling myself.


Milestones: Second Trimester!!!!!! Miscarriage rate drops again!


What's happening with the baby: Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee and maybe even suck it's thumb. Your baby is stretching out. From bottom to head, baby is about 3 1/2 inches (about the size of a lemon) and weighs 1 1/2 ounces. It's body is growing faster than his head, which now sits on a more distinct neck. By the end of the week, his or her arms will have grown to a length that is in proportion to the rest of it's body. Lanugo (ultra fine, downy hair) is starting to grow all over it's body. The liver is doing it's job and the spleen starts helping in production of red blood cells. Their little hands an feet are more flexible and active, though you probably can't feel those tiny kicks and punches yet.


What's happening with you:Your energy is likely returning, your breast may be feeling less tender and you queasiness may have completely abated by now. The top of your uterus is a bit above your pubic bone, which may be enough to push your tummy out a tad. Starting to show can be quite a thrill, giving you and your partner visible evidence of the baby you've been waiting for. Take some time to plan, daydream, and enjoy this amazing time. It's normal to worry a bit now and then, but try to focus on taking care of yourself and your baby, and having faith that you're well equipped for what's ahead.


How are you feeling: This week has actually been a sleepy week for me. I have wanted to nap most days after work and Thursday spent a good bit sleeping in the evening. I am finally starting to show a little bit. I can still fit in most of my pants but I'm thinking about grabbing a pair or two of maternity pants this weekend. My nausea is almost all gone. I have a tiny bit but just every once in a while. The pregnancy emotions though are awful. I'm much more weepy then I used to be. I need a lot more attention from Brad then I used to also, which is tough for him because I"m not great at letting him know until I'm already sad about it. I'm looking forward to starting to research baby things. We have started picking up things, just little things like onesies and little one piece jammies. I can't wait to feel those little flutters of movement. Overall, doing well.

No comments: