Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

That's right it's St. Paddy's Day. It is the first time in YEARS that I'm at work on the 17th. On the 17th of March I'm usually running back and forth between two to three Irish pubs in town as the only dancer over 21 in the band. Two dances per show, 4 to 6 shows during the day. This year however...... nada. I wasn't asked in time. I didn't take to day off and no shows were gone over with me to prepare for this crazy day.

It's good and bad, I think. It's usually a lot of fun. The drunks are funny and dancing an angry jig at/for drunks is always a good time. I'm a fan of picking one that's close to dance for/at and watching their reaction. However, the driving and running and dancing is usually hard on me. My mom usually takes the day off to run with me and help with shoe changes and having the car ready to go to get me to the next place. Also, beer on leather shoes sucks! I get to save a pair of shoes this year, so that's pretty nice.

I guess, all in all, I'm missing it this year. Next year I'll make sure to mention something, that way I'm not sitting here feeling like I'm missing out on something. Not sad that I'm not marching in the parade though. Have fun Cap City! Knock their socks off!

No comments: