Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maternity Monday - 6 weeks

written: 8-23-10



I think this pic was taken after I had eaten, so I'm more bloated then normal.


How far along: 6 weeks


Total weight gain: +0 so far according to our scale at home.


Maternity clothes: No bump or anything so no need for maternity clothes yet.


Sleep: I seem to be more fussy at night when I'm getting ready to sleep. I'm not falling asleep as easily as I used to. I can still sleep any way I want to.


Best moment of the week: Not baby related at all, but my sister getting a car.


Movement: Not yet. Gas doesn't count.


Gender: I have been feeling boy since we found out.


Labor signs: nope


Belly button in or out: In. It's pretty deep so I wonder if it will pop or not.



What I miss: Not having to worry about if I'm eating something that is on the no-no list


What I'm looking forward to: Our 1st appointment in 2 weeks and being able to let the cat out of the bag.


Weekly wisdom: Don't push yourself too much. You'll regret it later.


Milestones: We should have a heartbeat this week.


What is happening with the baby: Baby is now the size of a sweet pea! Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as your!), and blood is starting to circulate.


What is happening with you: You've probably stumbled on the truth by now: Thanks to your surging hormones, morning sickness can (and does) occur morning , noon, and night. As you feel yourself turning yet another shade of green, just try to remember it's for an amazing cause -- that rapidly growing baby inside your upset belly!


How are you feeling: It seems that the symptoms that I do have tend to come and go. I'm not having a problem with fatigue. I suspect that this will change soon. I get nauseous during the work week, no actual puking yet though. When I can go at my own pace on the weekends, I don't seem to have many issues with it. Breast tenderness comes and goes too. Although, I am noticing that they have a bit more movement then they used to.

No comments: