Friday, September 17, 2010

Maternity Monday - 8 weeks

written 9-7-10



How far along: 8 weeks

Total weight gain: I was down 2lbs when I checked. But not really sure

Maternity clothes: Not yet

Sleep: Decent, Falling asleep well, getting up once a night for a bathroom trip. Napping is becoming my friend.

Best moment of the week: First pre-natal appointment. Seeing the little squish on the ultrasound machine. Brad not knowing where to stand so he doesn't get to see "it all" in a new way.

Movement: none

Gender: Not having any strong feelings. Probably feeling boy more then girl. Not sure.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Eating anything I want. Like all the yummy cheeses.

What I'm looking forward to: Starting to show a little. I'm trying to love the stage I'm in though.

Weekly wisdom: Enjoy feeling good when you do. It could be fleeting.

Milestones: 1st Ultrasound. Saw the heartbeat!

What's happening with the baby: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from it's little hands and feet. Our little smush has eyelids that practically cover it's eyes, breathing tubes extend from it's throat to the branches of it's little developing lungs. That little tail is just about gone. In it's brain, nerve cells are connecting to one another, forming primitive neural pathways. He or she is about the size of a kidney bean and is constantly moving and shifting, even though I can't feel it yet.

What's happening with me: You may notice that your bra is getting more snug. Soon you'll likely need a bigger size with better support. Don't be surprised if you go up a cup or two, especially if it's your first baby. Fatigue caused by hormonal changes may be contributing to your sluggishness. Nausea and vomiting can certainly cost you enery. And you may be having trouble getting a good night's sleep at this point, especially if you're uncomfortable or find you need to get up to pee.

How am I feeling: I'm still feeling really good. I'm more able to nap during the day but don't find myself needing one every day or anything. Nausea is still not a very big concern. My boobs are getting bigger and some of my pants just aren't as comfortable as they used to be. I'm not feeling as bloated as I was, but I do feel like I'm floating most of the time due to all this stinking water I have to drink. Good all around.

No comments: