Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Maternity Update - 10 weeks


How far along: 10 Weeks!

Total weight gain: I think I'm only going to update this after appointments, If I want to do it more often I have to buy a scale.

Maternity clothes: I bought a maternity shirt but I'm not close to wearing it yet. No bump equals no maternity clothes.

Sleep: Sleep is pretty normal still I'm getting up an average of 3 times a night to pee. It's not bad though.

Best moment of the week: Being told I was "one of them" at book club and knowing that that means that I will have great care while I'm in the hospital.

Movement: None yet that isn't gas.

Gender: Strong feelings of boy. Craving lots of salty and spicy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not getting random pains in my growing uterus area. I thought I was done with growing pains in my teens.

What I'm looking forward to: Date night with Brad to see Inception. Might invite some others along and make it a double date.

Weekly wisdom: Gas-ex works miracles!!!! Invest!

Milestones: We did the finger prick test to get ready for the Ultra-screen (test that screens for Downs and Trisomy 13 and 18, I believe). I made Brad be my doctor. He had to clean and stab my finger, clean it after we got the 5 drops of blood we needed and put the band-aid on. It was actually a lot more fun doing it that way then if Brad would have just watched me do it.

What's happening with the baby: Baby is a little over an inch or so long and weighs less then a quarter of an ounce, about the size of a kumquat. Baby has also completed the most critical portion of it's development. The fetal period is a time when the tissues and organs rapidly grow and mature. It's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm! Baby has tiny nails forming on separate toes and fingers (no more webbing) and peach fuzz hair is growing on it's tender skin. Baby's limbs can bend now too!

What's happening with you: At the next prenatal appointment, you should be able to hear the heartbeat with the help of a Doppler. Before pregnancy, your uterus was the size of a small pear. By this week it's as big as a grapefruit. You may or may not be ready for maternity clothes. If not, your clothes may be becoming uncomfortably tight and your blossoming are straining the seams of your bra. The thickening in your midsection is most likely due to slight weight gain and bloating.

How are you feeling: Feeling better this week. The nausea has faded for the most part. Gas is still a daily thing but I think that's around to stay, or at least that's what I've heard. I'm more moody then I have been. My mood fluctuates a lot. Feeling like I'm looking chubby and not prego. My mom keeps saying that I've got two in there, I think I'm just gassy. :) The first ultrasound only showed one and I hope we stick with that. The last thing I want to do when I get home is laundry, so can I tell you how low I am on work pants! Other then that I'm doing pretty good. I spent a lot of time this week reading for book club and almost finished the book. Not something I would have read had it not been the book that was chosen, but it gave me excuses to be more lazy. We really need to get back in the habit of walking in the evenings, we have defiantly slacked on that.

No comments: