Thursday, September 16, 2010

Maternity Mondays- 7 weeks

written 8-30-10

Ahh, not so bloated this week.


How far along: 7 weeks


Total weight gain: I didn't get on the scale today, maybe I'll update it later this week.


Maternity clothes: No but I did find a pair of jeans that I can no longer wear without using the hair band trick.


Sleep: Good for now. Still sleeping which ever way I want to. If I do wake up in the middle of the night I have to go to the restroom, but I don't think I wake up because I have to go.


Best moment of the week: The office figuring it out. I got called out for having a pickle that I didn't even eat. Brad and I had discussed that I wouldn't lie to the office if they called me out on it, but I was going to wait until at least after our first appointment. They were VERY excited for me though and it was fun to let them know.


Movement: none


Gender: This week I have been calling it a girl.


Labor signs: none


Belly button in or out: In


What I miss: Not having to worry about nausea.


What I'm looking forward to: Our first appointment on the 9th.


Weekly wisdom: Enjoy still mostly having your "normal body". It will go away soon enough.


Milestones: No big ones this week. Baby is about the size of a blueberry.


What's happening with the baby: Hands and feet are emerging from the developing arms and legs. Baby is still considered an embryo because it still has a small tail, which is an extension of the tailbone. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry. Your baby is getting eyelids to cover those eyes, which already have some color.


What's happening with you: Your uterus has doubled in size in the past five weeks, and eating may feel like a chore - or worse - thanks to morning sickness. You may need to pee more then usual, to, thanks to your increasing blood volume and the extra fluid being processed through your kidneys. (You have about 10 percent more blood now then you did before you were pregnant.)


How are you feeling: I'm feeling pretty good still. Naps are wonderful, but not always needed. Eating is a bit of a pain. Getting to full is a really bad idea. It makes for some really miserable time after eating. Nausea comes and goes but breast tenderness seems to be here to stay. Over all though, still feeling pretty good.

No comments: