Thursday, September 30, 2010

Weekly Update - 11 weeks

Going to a ballet. Good timing Erin, my eyes are shut.

How far along: 11 weeks

Total weight gain: Don't know yet. Two doctors appointments next week, so I will know then.

Maternity clothes: Nothing yet. I did pick up a Be Band for when I can't button my jeans. But I haven't really gotten to any real stage of showing.

Sleep: This week I have been sleeping like a rock but waking up tired. This week two nights I haven't even woken up to go to the restroom throughout the night. I probably need to be drinking more water.


Best moment of the week: Seeing Requiem with Erin. It's been a while since I've had down time with her and it was really nice to spend time with her that wasn't driving to and from work.

Movement: None yet. The baby is supposedly kicking away but I can't feel it yet.

Gender: I had some pretty strong boy feelings at the beginning of the week but they have settled down to just a boy simmer.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Sweets. I'm not having aversions to sweets they just don't sound tasty.

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing the baby at our Monday appointment and then hearing the baby again on Thursday with my mom.
Weekly wisdom: Take a minute every day or every other to check out your body. Notice what is changing and what isn't yet. It's amazing that our bodies can do this. Love it!

Milestones: We started cleaning out the study, in order to move stuff from the office into that room and get the office cleared out for a nursery. We also went into Babies-R-Us for the first time as parents-to-be (shopping for a baby shower). It's a little overwhelming, how many different kinds of pacifiers can really exist.

What's happening with the baby: Your baby is just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig. They are also almost fully formed. It's hands will soon open and close into fists and some of the bones are beginning to harden. They are already kicking away more frequently . You won't feel it for another couple of months. Also, the diaphragm is forming and hiccuping is becoming a regular thing.

What's happening with you: If your like most women, you may be starting to feel more energetic now and your nausea may be starting to wane. Unfortunately, you may be suffering from constipation and heartburn. It's all for a good cause, right? Your appetite will likely return soon, and you'll start to gain about a pound a week.

How are you feeling: This week has been a tired week for me. I don't feel like I'm getting enough sleep or exercise. My nephew comes over almost every day and wants to play and play and play and I just want to sleep. I play though and then fall into bed. Salty stuff was the craving of the week. That seems to have tapered off a bit but salty still sounds good. Nausea is mild but I picked up some prego drops to see if that would help or not. I'm trying to be better about drinking my water, I slacked off a bit for a few days. I also noticed the blue veins that they mentioned in the What to Expect book a few weeks ago. Kinda weird to see. Towards the end of the day I have been getting comments about my belly from people that know me really well and know my body, I keep saying it's just gas and they laugh at me.

1 comment:

J-Bird said...

For those who know how fit you are and how flat your tummy is (and are insanely jealous!), we can tell. But the standard individual wouldn't notice.

P.S. - your tummy is too cute right now!